Elected to Hall of Fame: 2000
Club: Houston Water Polo Club
College: Texas A&M University, Slippery Rock University
High School: John H. Reagan, Houston Texas 1960-1965
Playing Record: College 1953-1957, Club 1963-1965
- Coach S.P. Waltrip 1960-1965
- Created First Boys High School W/P Team in state of Texas
- Coach Slippery Rock University 1971-1998
- Women's Team coach at SRU for 24 years 1974-1998
- First eleven (11) years there were no Women's Collegiate Championships. Played All Star teams in USWP Indoor Nationals. Never finished less than sixth - placed as high as 3rd
- Instrumental in establishing Women's National Collegiate Championships in 1984
- From 1984 to 1998 National Championship records: 1st place in 1995; 2nd place in 1987, 93, 94; 3rd place in 1984, 86, 90, 91, 92; 4th place in 1985, 89
- First and only women's college team outside California to win Women's National Collegiate Championships
- During this time had over twenty (20) All-Americans, three women named MVP of Collegiate Nationals, two women named College Player of the Year, and over ten (10) women made the US Senior National Team. Two women, Lynn Comer and Sue Bow, were named to the All-World Team in the first FINA World Cup - only one won by the USA.
- Won nine (9) Women's Eastern W/P Championships
- Assistant National Coach for the Women's National Team in 1982 & 1983. Women's National Team placed 2nd both years in FINA World Cup.
- First Women's Vice President of W/P for USWP. Member of USWP Women's International W/P Committee for over 20 years. Served on Women's Collegiate Rules Committee and the Top Twenty Selection Committee from their inception until 1998.
- Men's team coach SRU for 27 years. 1971 - 1998 SRU is a Division II College and finished 8th in 1984 & 7th in 1991 in NCAA Div. I National Championships - only team at SRU to do that. Had several NCAA All-Americans and finished 3rd & 4th
- US Olympic Festival - only W/P coach in the nation to coach both Men's and Women's Teams to fist place finishes
- SRU W/P teams have a combine total of 600 wins
- Coached SRU Women's Swim Team for seven (7) years. Swimmers earned 101 All-American citations
- Named by American Coaches Association the National Water Polo Coach of the year 1992, 93, 95
- Named Women's CWPA Mid-Atlantic Coach of the year 1993, 94, 95
- Named CWPA Men's Southern Coach of the year 1991, 96, 97
- Presented two (2) papers at the first World Seminar of W/P Coaches in Nashville, TN, 1996.
- All-American swimmer for Texas A&M University in 1957
- Inducted into the Texas A&M University Athletic Hall of Fame in 1981.
- Married, spouse Billie. Three sons and nine grandchildren.
- Retired SRU Computer Science Professor.