Elected to Hall of Fame: 2000
High School: Palo Alto High School 1954-1957
College: San Jose State 1957-1958
- Olympic Organizing Committee 1984 and 1996
- FINA Cup Organizing Committee 1981, 1983, 1991, 1995
- Chairman of this USWP Committee for over 20 years
- Texas A&M 1970-1979 (Seven Times So-West Champions)
- Long Beach City College 1980-1989
- Occidental College (Men's & Women's Coach 1992-Present)
- Men's National Team Manager 1986-1988
- Olympic Team Manager 1988
- Pan American Games Team Manager 1987
- State Community College Champions 1986, 1987, 1988
- Women's Division III Collegiate National Champions 2000
- Twice AWPCA Coach of the Year 1997-2000
- Women's College III Coach of the Year 1997
- USOC Development Coach of the Year 1996
Originally instituted to bring "Out of State" coaches and athletes up to a level where they could compete for spots on the national and national junior teams. Program for the development of both girls and boys.
Camps for girls and boys great from 3-400 athletes a year to well over 3,000 when the program ended in 1996. At the national camp (including the age group camp in December), camps averaged 75 coaches and 300 athletes a year.
Thirteen of the coaches and staff at these camps have gone on to coach national junior teams and seven have been on our national staffs. Olympic festivals were coaches reunions for former camp coaches. Add to that, all of the coaches that have gone on to be district and zone chairs, national committee chairs and major leaders for water polo throughout the country.
Out of state California athletes are accepted at the best water polo universities. The men's national team this year has a number of athletes who advanced through the youth program.
The National Development Committee was responsible for gaining a number of sponsors for USWP in the days that we were without a director and had no help from the USOC. They include Mikasa, Maric, C-Free, Legends, Dude, Side-Out, Island Slipper and Costa Del Mar. Most of these sponsors help take care of our national (Jr. & Sr.) and our officials as well as helping sponsor development programs.