USA Water Polo will work with Zones and Member Clubs in the allocation of grants. These grants will be for the purpose of growing the sport of water polo at the grass roots level. Grants will only be awarded to USA Water Polo Zones or organizations who are members in good standing with USA Water Polo.
Statement of Program
All qualified Applicants shall complete a Statement of Program as outlined below. Grants will be awarded on the ability of the statement of program to meet the goals and Evaluation Criteria set forth herein to the greatest extent possible. At a minimum the Statement shall include:
- Name of Applicant, either individual or organization, submitting
- Background on the requesting organization
- Description of Program including dates, locations, and participants expected to take part
- Detailed description of the goals of the program
- Specific use of grant funds/resources
- Program Budget including itemized breakdown of the projected costs
- Identify the personnel who will administer Program and include a brief biographical statement of the key individuals
- Amount of funds or items being requested (caps, balls, goals)
- Any other funding sources and the amount
The Proposal will be evaluated by USAWP on the following basis:
- Completeness of request
- Quality of Program
- Probability of Program attracting new athletes to the sport of water polo
- Potential for program to sustain water polo activity following the term of the grant
- Qualifications of Applicant in providing a successful program
- The extent to which requestor is involved in any fund raising efforts to augment the grant
- Ability of Program and fund raising to promote and increase public awareness of USA Water Polo and the sport of water polo in general
Program shall be in conformance with all applicable USAWP Codes and all applicable Local, State and Federal Laws.
Grants will be provided only to Applicants who adequately demonstrate that they have or will raise funds equal to or greater than the Zone Grant.
All Zone Grants shall be for a finite amount and a finite period of time. Priority will be given to those requests that can demonstrate planning for subsequent financing to continue Program at the conclusion of Grant.
As a condition of accepting Grant from Zone, Applicant agrees to provide written updates of Program's progress as requested by Zone and a Financial Report within 30 days of the conclusion of Program.
Zone reserves the right to reject any and all Request for Proposals
Submission of Proposal For Grant
Qualified applicant clubs are requested to submit your proposal to your Zone Chair who will initially evaluate the request. Grants that are properly filled out and approved by the Zone Board will be submitted to USA Water Sport Development
Applications will be evaluated by USA Water Polo Sport Development and notified of status within 30 days of receipt.
To find your local zone chair click here for the Zone directory.
Stanford Tops 2017 Women's Pre-Season Varsity Poll
BRIDGEPORT, Pa. -- Stanford University tops the Women's National Top 25 to highlight the 2017 Women's Varsity Top 25, Division III Top 10, Collegiate Water...
Ashleigh Johnson Named Swimming World's Female Water Polo...
Huntington Beach, CA - January 12 - The accolades continue to pour in for USA Women's National Team goalkeeper Ashleigh Johnson (Miami, FL/Princeton/NYAC)....
S & R Sport Club Of The Month - December 2016 - South Bay...
The winner of the S & R Sport Club of the Month for December 2016 is South Bay United Water Polo Club from Southern California. For winning, South Bay United...
Don't Miss Out On USA Water Polo Membership Early Renewal...
Huntington Beach, CA - December 21 - USA Water Polo's membership early renewal season started on Tuesday, November 1. Don't miss out on locking in 2016...
ACWPC Names McQuin Baron Player Of The Year, Kirk Everist...
Huntington Beach, CA - December 19 - The Association of Collegiate Water Polo Coaches have announced their honors for the 2016 men's college water polo...
USA Youth Women Advance To Fifth Place Game At Youth...
Auckland, New Zealand - December 16 - The USA Youth Women's National Team advanced to the fifth place match of the FINA Youth World Championship with a 20-6 ...
Support The USA Water Polo Mission & Our Athletes! Help...
Our 2016 fundraising ends soon. If you or your family benefit from the water polo experience, consider a contribution. Make your first donation to USA Water...
USA Youth Women Close Out Group Play At FINA Youth Worlds...
Auckland, New Zealand - December 13 - The USA Youth Women's National Team finished group play undefeated at the FINA Youth World Championship after downing...
USA Youth Women Open Play At FINA Youth World...
Auckland, New Zealand - December 12 - The USA Women's Youth National Team opened play at the FINA Youth World Championship in New Zealand with a 26-10 win...
USA Youth Women Rally To Tie Greece 10-10 On Second Day...
Auckland, New Zealand - December 13 - The USA Women's Youth National Team staged a late rally to come back and tie Greece 10-10 on the second day of...
- TOP VIDEOS