Why is PCA important to USA Water Polo?
The principles of PCA are in perfect alignment with the ethics of USAWP as we strive to honor the sport and all of our participants. PCA can also be a differentiator for our sport among all the youth sports offered. Creating an atmosphere that recognizes and rewards achievement on many levels will keep kids in our sport longer. Also, as we reach down into the younger ages with our Splashball� program, it is critical to have our coaches and parents focusing on the proper behaviors to begin shaping the young athlete's mastery of the skills.
PCA and USA Water Polo are pleased to offer workshop discounts for all USA Water Polo members. The 35% discount brings the workshop cost to USAWP members to $20. It is a small investment given the life long lessons taught during each course.
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is transforming youth sports so sports can transform youth. Through partnership with more than 1,100 youth sports organizations, leagues, schools and cities nationwide, PCA has conducted 5,000-plus workshops for youth sports coaches, parents, organizational leaders and athletes.
Why is Positive Coaching Alliance Needed?
Youth sports offer a virtual classroom for teaching life lessons, but only if the adults who work with athletes recognize and seize the many teachable moments provided. Research shows that 70% of kids drop out of sports by the age of 13, and if kids don't stay in sports, they won't reap these benefits. Youth athletes coached in a mastery environment have increased self-confidence and a lowered anxiety level. In addition, they achieve more and actually do better on the scoreboard.
PCA Education Courses
PCA and USA Water Polo are pleased to offer workshop discounts for all USA Water Polo members. The 34% discount brings the workshop cost to USAWP members to $20. It is a small investment given the life long lessons taught during each course. All the online courses available to our members can be found by clicking here. This page will provide you with the opportunity to sample each course through a demo and then move into the actual course selection.
- Go to http://shopping.positivecoach.org/Courses to register for your course
- Click "Register and Pay" to use your discount promotion code.
- On the review page, enter your Promotion Code, USAWP2016C (case sensitive), in the box and your order total will be updated with the new price ($20). Once you review your order, click "Proceed to Payment"
- Login as either a new or returning customer. Then enter your billing information and click continue.
- You will receive a thank you message. At the bottom of this page will be a link to register for the course. Once registration is complete you will be directed to the course you have selected.
PCA FREE Tools for Athletes, Coaches, Parents, & Leaders
Tools For Working With Parents (pdfs)
Tools For Working With Athletes (pdfs)
Additional Scripts & talking Points