Club Administration Role
What is the role of a Club Administrator?
- Club Administrators help in a variety of ways, depending upon the club structure, from running the operations of the club, scheduling pool time, registering for tournaments, arranging travel, ensuring players/coaches are up to date on membership requirements, to creating rosters and collecting payments and managing many other pieces in between.
- An important role of the Club Administrator is to serve as a communications liaison between USA Water Polo and their team, i.e informing them of upcoming changes or new policies.
- For individuals who are not coaching but still involved in the administration of the club, we have a separate Club Administrator membership available for nominal fee.
- A club administrator does not have competition privileges as athletes, coaches, & referees
- Athletes, coaches, & referees can have club administrator privileges
- Coaches have access to sanctioned rosters as part of their membership, so not all coaches need to have admin access
- USA Water Polo's SafeSport policy requires individuals with (a) a position of authority over, or (b) to have frequent contact with athletes complete criminal background checks and education and training requirements before having contact with athletes to provide assurance they are educated on the requirements of the USOC Athlete Safety Standards. Club Adminstrators must have a current background screening on file with the National Office. Each successful background screening is good for a two (2) year period. Any failed screenings, also known as Red Lights, will receive notification that they do not meet the criteria, immediately go into suspension mode, and have 5 days to request a hearing. If a hearing is not requested, then the membership is cancelled.
- Upon registration, memberships will remain "In Progress" until all requirements have been met and member will not have access to club information until account is "Current." Club administrators who fall out of compliance will become "Suspended" until requirements have been met.
- Current membership - must have a membership account to complete all requirements --- NOTE: Only the club primary contact can assign club admin privileges (requests must be sent via email to email@example.com)
- Club Admins must have a current background screening on file with the National Office. Background screenings cost $20 and are required every two (2) years.
- Complete SafeSport training, required every two (2) years
Step 1: www.ncsisafe.com; click on "Start Your Background Screening Now"
Step 2: Enter Self-Registration Number: 35384896
Step 3: Enter Your Information as Requested
Step 4: Provide Legal Authorization and Certification
It is important when entering your name, that you use your full legal name as written on your current ID (state driver's license, passport or state ID with name and DOB). Please also verify that your social security number was typed correctly. Using nicknames or failing to type a correct social security number may delay or invalidate your background check. You may incur additional fees if this information is incorrect or not complete. International screenings may require an additional fee based on the country. International screens will be used when a member does not have a SSN and when a foreign address is the longest most recent address history for the current screening period.
NCSI will contact you directly if there are any questions, problems or issues related to your specific information. An email address is required when completing the background check as our contact with you will largely be electronic. Please be sure to add ncsisafe.com to your list of acceptable domains in your email program to receive notifications from us. If you have any questions or problems submitting your information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NCSI at (440) 542-9833 or toll free (866) 833-7100.
Once you have submitted your information you will receive a confirmation page with a 16-digit Applicant ID Number. The background check generally takes 10 business days to complete and you may check your status on our website under the "Check Your Background Screening Status" link at www.ncsisafe.com.
Screening Criteria for Membership Eligibility
Any of the following shall constitute violations of USA Water Polo's Background Screening Criteria - as per the Code of Conduct:
1. Found guilty of, imposition of a deferred sentence for, or any plea of guilty or no contest (nolo contendere) at any time, past or present, or the existence of any pending charges, for:
(a) all sex offenses (examples include, but are not limited to: child molestation, rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sodomy, prostitution, solicitation, sexual misconduct and indecent exposure);
(b) all felony offenses involving violence, (examples include, but are not limited to: murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, kidnapping, robbery and aggravated burglary);
(c) all felony offenses not involving violence of sexual misconduct (examples include, but are not limited to: possession, distribution or intent to distribute illegal drugs or substances, theft, embezzlement, fraud and child endangerment);
(d) all misdemeanor violent offenses. (examples include, but are not limited to: simple assault, battery, domestic violence and hit & run driving);
(e) any crimes against children; or
(f) more than one misdemeanor drug or alcohol offense (examples include: driving under the influence, simple drug possession, drunk and disorderly conduct, public intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia.) or
2. Found guilty of, imposition of a deferred sentence for, or any plea of guilty or no contest (nolo contendere) at any time within the past seven (7) years, or the existence of any pending charges, for any misdemeanor drug and alcohol offenses (examples include: driving under the influence, simple drug possession, drunk and disorderly conduct, public intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia.).