Goals and Expectations for Zones
Each Zone is expected to organize, develop and promote the sport of water polo using guidelines and goals set forth by USAWP under the direction of USAWP's Director of Sports Development. The primary means of accomplishing this objective are:
- Encouraging increased water polo activity within the Zone by organizing competitions, assisting in the formation of new clubs within the Zone and facilitating training for athletes, coaches and referees;
- Informing USAWP members within the Zone regarding water polo competitions and developments within USAWP and encouraging their registration;
- Promoting USAWP member participation in the USAWP Olympic Development Program;
- Assisting in securing facilities for training and selection camps and regional training centers;
- Promoting USAWP member participation in national events by hosting national championships, national championship qualification tournaments, and regional leagues, events and camps;
- Providing oversight of local activities to ensure they are conducted in a manner consistent with USAWP's Statement of Ethics and Values, as well as the policies and procedures within this manual and USA Water Polo's Codes of Conduct for Athletes, Coaches and Referees; and
- Wisely using the resources available to the Zone to promote the sport of water polo and to increase the number of USAWP members in the Zone, and the quality of play, instruction and competition within the Zone.
Zone Board members shall serve without compensation for their services in that capacity. The Zone may elect to reimburse Zone Board members for their out of pocket expenses incurred in furtherance of the Zone's business.
Each Zone Officer shall: (a) be over the age of 18 years, (b) be a member of USAWP and (c) have his or her principal place of residence within the Zone.
Selection of Zone Officers
The Zone Board shall select each of the following Zone Officers:
- (a) Zone Chair
- (b) Zone Vice-Chair
- (c) Zone Treasurer
- (d) Zone Secretary
- (e) Zone Representatives to USAWP Assembly
- (f) Zone Webmaster
The Zone Board's selection of the Zone Chair shall be subject to the approval of USAWP's Chief Executive Officer. The Zone Chair, Zone Vice-Chair and Zone Secretary must be members of the Zone Board. The remaining Zone Officers may be members of the Zone Board, but need not be members of the Zone Board. The Chair of the Referee Committee shall appoint the Zone Chief Referee, subject to the approval of the Technical Committee.
Current Zone Listing - updated 8/14/2018
Central CA: California counties of Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Luis Obispo, San Joaquin, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo and Yuba and the following zip codes in North Santa Barbara County: 93429, 93434, 93454, 93455, 93456, 93457, 93458.
Coastal CA: California counties of Santa Barbara (other than those portions listed in Central above), Ventura, and Los Angeles.
Midwest: Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, and Kentucky
Mountain: Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, and Nevada
Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, Virgina, and the District of Columbia
Pacific CA: California counties of Alameda, Butte, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Marin, Mendocino, Modoc, Monterey, Plumas, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sonoma, Tehama, and Trinity
Pacific Northwest & Hawaii: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming
Pacific Southwest CA: Califonia counties of San Diego and Imperial in San Diego.
Southeast: Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi.
Southern Pacific CA: Califonia counties of San Bernardino, Orange, and Riverside.
Southwest: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana